Employed by Tayport Community Trust – PLANT sub-group
PLANT is looking for a friendly, caring person, who can motivate others and is comfortable working with people with widely varying levels of need. Applicants should be confident with IT communications (e.g. emails).
The Tayport Talks project will bring people together socially, for example older people who may be at risk of isolation, building friendship groups after the difficulties of lockdown, and a sense of being valued. It will encourage and support people to share their memories and stories of the past. The project will also provide training and experience for 5 young people, in interviewing and recording these stories.
Responsibilities of the Project Co-ordinator.
- recruit 5 young people to act as interviewers/recorders for the project
- engage up to 20 adults who may be at risk of isolation
- support the young people in completing relevant training courses and attaining qualifications
- run social group sessions, where people share stories of Tayport’s past
- overcome any barriers to attendance, for example travel
- liaise with families and carers where necessary
Duration of post and hours: 1 March 2022 – 31 May 2022 (fixed term). 8 hours per week. There may be an opportunity to extend this post until 31 March 2023, funding permitting.
Rate of pay: £15 per hour (sessional post)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org attaching your CV, by Monday 7 February at 5 pm. Informal interviews will take palce in the week beginning 14 February.