Do you have a garden of your own? Thinking of growing vegetables, salads and flowers and don’t know where to start? Perhaps you have some problem areas or your plants are not thriving? Are you expanding or redesigning your garden?
We can help through our free Grow@Home service! Follow these simple steps to join in:
- Sign up by contacting our Volunteer Coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org or popping by the Tayport Community Garden.
- Discuss your gardening dilemmas with our experienced Community Gardener, Peter. In some circumstances he could arrange a visit to your garden but only after you have spoken to him at the Community Garden and need an additional consultation. You can pop in as many times as you like! We can share knowledge, tips and experiences as well as seedlings and transplants – not forgetting that all important cuppa:)
- Grow more food! (and enjoy eating it…)
- Record the weight of your harvests on our form. Download it by clicking here or pick up a paper version from the Community Garden.
- Return completed forms to us. Drop off paper forms at the Garden OR take a photo of the form and email it to Jenny at email@example.com.
Grow@Home participants made a real difference last year – they grew 103 kg of food, saving 363 kg in greenhouse gas emissions. This accounts for an impressive 23% of the total harvest recorded across the Community Garden and private gardens in Tayport! For the full story see here.
Let’s grow even more in 2017!
It would be amazing if you could also:
- Celebrate your growing success by sharing some pictures of your garden, harvests or dishes by posting on our Facebook page or emailing them to Kaska (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Share your stories of food-growing adventures on our blog. If you fancy doing this, get in touch Kaska (email@example.com).
We have a growing list of home gardeners who have linked up with PLANT. Don’t go to seed.. Take advantage of communal expertise …Gardeners like to share!