Inspired by the new tatties from Tayport Community Garden here is a classic new potato recipe with a modern twist. This is a lighter version of potato salad that leaves out the mayonnaise. A perfect side dish or as part of a picnic.
Potato Salad (no mayo)
New potatoes (about 8 smallish ones)
One Red onion (thinly sliced)
White wine vinegar (2 tbsp.)
Olive oil (2 tbsp.)
Mustard (1 tsp.)
Parsley/chives(finely chopped as garnish)
1. Scrub potatoes leaving skin on.
2. Boil whole potatoes until cooked.
3. Drain and cut into preferred sized chunks.
4. Mix together the vinegar, olive oil and mustard.
5. Pour onto warm potatoes and add sliced onion.
6. Mix well and when cool sprinkle parsley/chives on top.