We have had lovely green heart contributions to Show The Love February and we thought we’d share a selection with you. We also added links to more information about effects of climate change on each of the things mentioned on the hearts.
If you are concerned about climate change and wondering about what you can do about it, please join us for a climate conversation on 26th of March.
(Click on the image to open a larger version if you’d like to read the text)
- A Guardian article about one of recent studies on the effects of climate change on UK butterfly populations.
- A more recent story about effects that raising temperatures and habitat loss are having on both birds and insects from Carbon Brief website.
- A comprehensive summary of environmental effects from UK Butterfly Monitoring scheme (not all doom and gloom!).
- A 2002 report by the Royal Horticultural Society,the National Trust, English Heritage, the UK Climate Impacts programme and other environmental /horticultural organisations ‘Gardening in the Global Greenhouse, the impact of climate change on our gardens’. A new one is due out shortly.
- RHS has a number of ongoing studies relating to effects of climate change on gardens.
- RSPB article on Scottish kittiwake colonies affected by climate change.
- St Kilda ranges blog post about declines in puffin numbers.
Farming Futures report on effects of climate change on fruit orchards in the UK.