You must have heard by now that COP26, the UN Climate Change Conference, is coming to Glasgow in November.
And decisions taken by world leaders at this meeting will determine the future of our planet as they plan their next steps in tackling climate change at a global level. So an incredibly important meeting!
It’s no surprise that many people in Scotland are v excited about it and many projects have sprung up to celebrate it and raise awareness of climate emergency and action ahead of this event
Today we hear from a local young musician, Jo Stark, about one such project – 100 days of green nevis challenge. She’s interviewed by a dynamic duo: regular field reporter Kathleen Gray is joined by Heather Young, who is a Community Education Student from Dundee University on placement with PLANT just now.
Production: Kaska Hempel, Audio editing: John Wills, Music: Jo Stark
Nevis Ensemble – Scotland’s Street orchestra https://nevisensemble.org/
- Blogs about clothes taking on 100 days of green nevis challenge https://nevisensemble.org/news/
- COP26 – UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow https://ukcop26.org/
- Future Learn course – climate change the science https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/climate-change-the-science
- Suzanna Stark found art: https://susannahstark.com/art/time-together
- Shamblestone on fb https://www.facebook.com/pg/shamblestone/
- Tayport Climate Fest – Jan’s blog https://tayportgarden.org/2021/02/22/tayport-climate-festival/
- Tayport Community Fridge https://tayportgarden.org/2021/03/24/behind-the-scenes-at-the-tayport-community-fridge/
- Heather’s fast fashion blogs https://tayportgarden.org/author/heather/